Enchanting Thane Creek- Part 2

Nature is wonderful!

Yes it may sound as a cliche, but it is.

Sometimes it allows you open-heartedly into its enormous treasure, some other time it'll shy away or rudely turns you back. One has to be patient, take a step back, wait and allow It to come to you. Believe me, what an experience it will be then.

Here I'm once again on a date with wonderful Nature.The place, as enchanting as it was last time, has shrunken a bit. The spread of 'civilization' encroaching in 'inch-by-inch'. 

I allowed myself some indulgence this time. The pace was more relaxed, the movements were more controlled, the excitement under check and instead of trying to 'do it in', I tried to 'take it in'. I was rewarded for my patience and could get closer than last time. 

As a famous quote says "More knowledge brings you closer to ignorance", my ignorance was revealed and I was left wanting while recognizing all that I saw. Hopefully I'll come out wiser next time, till than relying on 'dear Google' for support.

 This magnificent sunrise is enough to brighten the start.


Meeting these lovely wild flowers has been an inspiration.




This chirpy band will ensure that your mornings are melodious.

The perfect take-off, This purple heron is not in the mood of chit-chat.

Keeping an eye on the surroundings, this Peacock Pansy is a sight to behold.

 
A common sight in coastal creeks, these fishing boats waiting for the tide. This reminds me of a very special quote by Audrey Niffenegger in 'The Time Traveler's Wife' “It's hard being left behind. It's hard to be the one who stays.”
 
Having taken my fill of elixir of life, which will keep me alive for the next few days, I started walking towards 'civilization' to come across a dreaded site. These monstrous structures will sprang to life one day and eat away this special place.

Like all great dates at the end, I took It home. I promised myself this treat more often now, before this oasis is swallowed by the greed, or need, or both, of my fellow human beings.

See ya on the other side shortly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haridwar as a tourist

My first Trek-Bhira Tamhini

Enchanting Thane Creek - Part-1