Musing: Children's Day 2017



This little poem I wrote for my eight years old, for a recitation in school on the occasion of birth anniversary of Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru (popularly known as Chacha Nehru among kids). This day of 14'Nov is celebrated in India as children's day.



Happy Children's Day 

I met Chacha Nehru, though it was in my dream,
I was initially afraid, but he was not so mean.



He smiled at me, and pat me, on my little back,
Then took out a red rose, from underneath his sack.



He looked calm, and contended, and very much at peace,
He helped me to come around, and sat me on his knees.



I asked him, with dare, what he thinks of his India now,
With dirt, dust, and rubbish spread, in every place and how?



People fighting among themselves, for cast, religion and faiths,
With accidents, and attacks, daily causing many deaths.



He smiled again and took, my hand in his hand,
He said "My little child, this is our motherland”.



“I am pained to see, what is happening here and there,
But do not fret, do not be scared, and do not show despair”.



“I'm sure of only one thing that, the future lies with you,
And kids like you, will make this land, as good as new”.



This dream of mine, broke at once, and I opened my eyes,
It felt so real, it felt so nice, and I woke up real wise.



This country, my motherland, I will take it many miles,
Chachaji, in heaven, will look down and will smile.


 Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haridwar as a tourist

My first Trek-Bhira Tamhini

Enchanting Thane Creek - Part-1